Web connect (.QBO) files are online banking transactions from your Bank’s website. The (.QBO) files can be downloaded and saved on your computer. Afterwards, you can import the transactions so they become available in your Bank Feeds.
To download web connect files:
- From the QuickBooks File menu, select Utilities > Import >Web Connect Files.
- Select the QBO file you saved, then select Open.
- When prompted to Select Bank Account, select:
- Use an existing QuickBooks account if the account you are importing the transactions into is already set up in QuickBooks.
- Create a new QuickBooks account if the account you are importing the transactions into is not yet in QuickBooks. Type a name.
- Select Continue. You should see a dialogue box telling you that the data has been successfully read into QuickBooks. Select OK.
- Go to the Bank Feeds Center to review your transactions.
This article provides steps for importing web connect files. To learn more about other data types you can import and export to and from QuickBooks Desktop, please see Import and export various list and transaction types. If you want to know more about bank feeds, refer to Get started with Bank Feeds for QuickBooks Desktop.