|A note on COVID-19: We recognize that with the constantly changing COVID-19 situation, this is an unprecedented time for everyone. If you think you may need to cancel your subscription due to impacts from COVID-19, please contact us. We're here to help you look at pricing options, answer questions, or just make sure things go smoothly if you need to cancel.|
We're sorry to see you go. If QuickBooks Online isn't the right fit for you, we want to help you get the right tools for you. Here's how to cancel your subscription or trial.
If you need fewer features, consider downgrading your plan. This saves you money and you only keep what you need to do your bookkeeping.
Cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription
Follow the steps based on where you bought your QuickBooks Online subscription. If you bought through a mobile app store, start from that section.
Cancel a subscription or trial bought online directly from Intuit
- Open a web browser on your computer, not a mobile device.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as an admin user.
- Select Settings ⚙ and then Account and settings.
- Go to the Billing & Subscription tab.
- In the QuickBooks section, select Cancel subscription or Cancel online. If you're canceling a trial, select Cancel trial.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
Cancel a subscription bought from a mobile app store
From the Apple App Store (iOS, iPhone, Ipad)
- Go to Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select iTunes & App Store.
- Select your Apple ID and then View Apple ID.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select QuickBooks Online.
- Select Cancel.
You can also use the official steps from Apple.
From the Google Playstore (Android phones and tablets)
- Go to the Play Store app.
- Select the Menu icon and then Subscriptions.
- Select the QuickBooks app.
- On the Manage subscriptions window, select Cancel subscription.
You can also use the official steps from Google.
Cancel a suspended subscription
If your account is suspended, you need to resubscribe and reactivate it before you can cancel. We'll also automatically cancel your subscription after three failed attempts to charge your payment method.
Cancel a QuickBooks Payments subscription
If you use QuickBooks Online Payments, you need to cancel your Payments account separately. Follow the steps to close your Payments account.
Learn what happens to your data after you cancel
For paid and trial subscriptions, we hang on to your data for one year. This lets you pick up where you left off if you decide to come back. We delete the data after that.