Find out why you need an Intuit Account for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll and how to set it up.
We’re improving the security of your payroll info in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. We invite you to set up or sign in to your Intuit Account and verify your phone number. Eventually, you’ll use your Intuit Account and a verification code sent to your mobile phone to send your direct deposit payroll to us instead of your direct deposit PIN.
We encourage you and any of your team members who are authorized to send direct deposit payrolls to set up your Intuit Account.
Benefits of using your Intuit Account
- This will offer enhanced security when you send your direct deposit payroll.
- You don’t have to worry about sharing your PIN or an unauthorized person getting a hold of your PIN.
- You can use all of your Intuit products with the same Intuit Account. This means fewer passwords to remember.
Set up or sign in to your Intuit Account
If you don’t already have an Intuit Account, you’ll need to set one up. If you use other Intuit products and already have an Intuit Account, you may need to sign in to your account and verify your mobile phone number.
- Select Employees, and select Payroll Center.
- From the Payroll tab, look for a message that says to set up, sign in, or verify your phone number for your Intuit Account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account, or sign in and verify your phone number.
Manage users if you’re the Primary Principal
If you’re the Primary Principal, you’ll have additional tasks to manage your additional payroll users. Sign in to your Intuit Account to invite or approve existing invites, assign roles, and edit users.