Learn how to transfer your client list to a different QuickBooks Online Accountant profile.
Does your firm have more than one QuickBooks Online Accountant profile? or Does each team member have an individual profile?
You can easily move all clients from one profile to another. You won't lose any data and can still access data in the old profile. This keeps all of your firm's clients in one place so your team stays organized.
Find out the eligibility criteria and limitations
Here are the things you should know if you're eligible or not to move a client from one profile to another.
- The common firm user must be the primary admin of the source firm and a full-access user or firm-owner partner of the target firm.
- The client must be in the same region as the target firm.
- The client must have at least one available accountant seat.
- The client and firm must both have an active subscription.
- A client using the following features isn't eligible for consolidation:
- BOX online document management
- A firm in Intuit Tax Online (ITO) engagements and Protax Online isn't eligible for consolidation.
- An app connected by the source firm users will need to be reconnected using 'get app' flow to resume app data sync.
Transfer your client list
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant in a private or incognito browser, and as a primary admin.
- Select Settings ⚙ and then Transfer clients.
- Review the profile in the Transfer to section. This is the profile you want to move clients to. To choose a different one, select Change firm and then the profile. Then select Next.
- In the Transfer from section, select the profile you want to move clients from. Then select Next.
- Select the checkboxes for the clients you want to move to. You can select everyone or specific clients, including wholesale clients.
- When you're ready, select Transfer clients.
Tip: If you're combining all of your firm's client lists into one, don't forget to add your employees to the QuickBooks Online Accountant profile you plan to keep.