Learn how to copy your client list to a different QuickBooks Online Accountant profile.
Move all your clients from one profile to another. You won't lose any data and will still be able to access them in the old profile. Here’s how.
Know the criteria to move a client
Know who is eligible
- The common firm user must be the primary admin of the source firm and a full-access user or firm-owner partner of the target firm.
- The client must be in the same region as the target firm.
- The client must have at least one available accountant seat.
- The firm must have an active subscription.
- For a canceled subscription, the client must sign in and grant permission to the accountant to take over their billing.
Know the limitations
- A client using the following features.
- BOX online document management
- A firm in Intuit Tax Online (ITO) engagements and Protax Online.
- An app connected by the source firm users needs to reconnect using the 'get app' flow to resume app data sync.
- An accountant can't take over a client's billing if the client's subscription renewal date has passed and a payment failed to process.
Note: QuickBooks grants clients a grace period to renew their subscriptions. We'll periodically attempt to collect payment until the 25th day after the renewal date. During this period, billing actions like an upgrade, a downgrade, or a movement to another profile aren't allowed. Clients must update or change their payment method and resubscribe. Once the subscription is active, the accountant can then proceed with the transfer.
Transfer clients to a different profile
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant as a primary admin.
- Go to Settings ⚙.
- From the Tools column, select Transfer clients.
- Review the profile in the TRANSFER TO section, then select Next.
Note: To choose a different profile, select Change firm, then the profile.
- In the TRANSFER FROM section, select the profile you want to move clients from.
- Select the checkboxes for the clients you want to move to the other profile.
- Select Move clients, then Done.
If you plan to combine all of your firm's client lists into one, make sure to add your employees to the QuickBooks Online Accountant profile you plan to keep.