Learn how to fix bank error 109.
Banking error 109 means that your bank's website needs you to update your password with them.
You try to sign in to your bank's website using the old password you entered. However, your bank denies the sign-in because your password has expired or needs to be updated.
Fix banking error 109
Update your password on your bank's website then update your sign-in info in QuickBooks Online.
- Sign in to your bank's website and update your password.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Go to the Banking menu or Transactions menu.
- Select the blue bank square for the account you want to uodate.
- Select the Edit ✎ icon in the tile for the bank account you want to update. Then select Edit sign-in info.
- Update your password.
- When you're done, select Save and connect.
For more info about updating your banking information, see update your bank account sign-in information.