Learn how to wire international payments to foreign vendors using Bill Pay for QuickBooks Online.
You can now wire international payments in just a few clicks. This new feature makes fast and hassle-free international transactions that you can access from your account.
|Note: If you use the Incoming bills feature (beta), multi-currency isn't available yet when you create bills for vendors.|
If you receive a bill in foreign currency in the Incoming bills tab, download it and then link it to the bill in QuickBooks Online. However, keep in mind that it won't be viewable with the bill in Bill Pay.
Step 1: Turn-on the multi-currency feature
Step 2: Wire payments to international vendors
If you set up international vendors for wire payments, make a payment by following these steps:
Note: Bill Pay offers a competitive exchange rate and doesn’t charge a wire transfer fee when you pay your vendors in local currencies. International wires sent in USD are $19.99 per transaction. You can use the currency conversion calculator for more info.
- Select + New. then select Pay Bills Online.
- Select the Unpaid bills tab.
- Select the bill you want to pay.
- If you already set up your vendor for wire transfers, select International Transfer as the payment method.
Note: For eligible vendors that you haven't set up yet, select the Set up international transfer link to add your vendor’s bank info. If the vendor requires additional setup, make sure the Country field in the vendor setup is correct.
- Review the payment info, then select Next.
- If you need to make any changes, select Edit details.
- Make sure everything looks good, then Send Payment.