Learn how to remove an employee from QuickBooks Payroll.
Add an employee to your payroll by accident? Or maybe you imported old employees from another payroll service. Whatever the reason, as long as the employee doesn't have any pay history or paychecks, you can delete their profile in QuickBooks.
Note: QuickBooks won't let you delete employees who have paychecks or pay history. However, you can change their employment status as needed.
See your payroll product below.
|Note: Not sure which payroll service you have? Here's how to find your payroll service.|
QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Go to Payroll, then select Employees (Take me there).
- Select the employee's name. If the employee isn't on the list, select All employees from the Active Employees dropdown.
- Select the employee you want to delete.
- From Actions, select Delete employee.
- Select Yes.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- Go to Employees, and select Employee Center.
- Right-click the name of the employee. If the employee isn't on the list, select All employees from the Active Employees dropdown.
- Select Delete Employee.
- Select OK.