Learn how to remove an employee from QuickBooks Payroll.
Add an employee to your payroll by accident? Or maybe you imported old employees from another payroll service. Whatever the reason, as long as the employee doesn't have any pay history or paychecks, you can delete their profile in QuickBooks.
Important: Don't delete employees with paychecks or pay history. It’s best to keep the employee info for your records. You can change their status instead.
See your payroll product below.
|Note: Not sure which payroll service you have? Here's how to find your payroll service.|
QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Go to Payroll, then Employees.
- Select the employee's name. If the employee isn't on the list, select All employees from the Active Employees dropdown.
- Select the employee you want to delete.
- From Actions, select Delete employee.
- Select Yes.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- Go to Employees, and select Employee Center.
- Right-click the name of the employee. If the employee isn't on the list, select All employees from the Active Employees dropdown.
- Select Delete Employee.
- Select OK.