Learn how to add a vendor bank account in Online Bill Pay.
Make vendor payments easy by adding them to your QuickBooks Online account and paying them directly using Online Bill Pay. In this article, we'll show you how.
Add a vendor bank account
To add your vendor's bank account information directly into Online Bill Pay, follow these steps.
- Login to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Go to Bookkeeping then Transactions then select Expenses (Take me there), or go to Expenses (Take me there).
- Select Pay Bills Online button.
- Under the Unpaid Bills tab or the Manage Vendors tab, find the vendor you want to add the bank account for.
- Select Set up bank transfers.
- Enter vendor's bank account info and then select Next.
- Enter the following required fields:
- Account type
- Routing number
- Account number
- Re-enter account number
- Vendor's email address
- Select Save.
Payments can now be made electronically to the vendor.
Vendor payments: What you need to know
When adding a vendor's bank account there are a few things to know:
- We'll initiate a small test deposit of a penny into your vendor's bank account. This is done to verify the bank account can receive payments. (Note: If the test deposit is not successful, the bank account entry will be invalidated. A new bank account entry will need to be made for the vendor.)
- After manually adding a vendor's bank account, the earliest process date that can be selected is 2 business days after the bank account was added. This is to ensure the test deposit is successful. (Note: A federal holiday will add one additional day to processing.)
- If the test deposit is not successful and the bank account is invalidated, the payment will still process. The payment will go out as a check payment.
- If a payment needs to be made immediately, schedule a check payment before adding the vendor's bank account.
For related information check out the following: