The Payroll Administrator is the company's main contact person for day-to-day payroll issues and activities. The Payroll Administrator should be someone who is authorized to process payroll for the company, who has access to all the company's payroll information, and who can answer questions on behalf of the company principal regarding payroll details.
This article describes how to change Payroll Admin information.
- You have an active, up-to-date version of QuickBooks and access to the Internet.
- You are an authorized contact of the account.
To update the Payroll Administrator information:
For Basic, Standard, and Enhanced
- In QuickBooks, go to Employees> My Payroll Service> Account/Billing Information.
- Sign in using your Intuit Account login. This will open the Payroll Account Management portal.
See also Resolve issues with My Account login
- Go to Payroll Details section. Confirm the EIN showing is the right company for which you want to make changes on Payroll Admin.
- Select Edit next to the Payroll Admin heading.
- If you have signed up for direct deposit, enter your PIN and select Continue.
See also Change PIN for processing direct deposit payroll.
- Change the contact details of the Payroll Admin:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Select Update. Wait for the confirmation then select Close.
- Review the updated Contacts information and close the Payroll Account Management portal.
For Assisted Payroll
- In QuickBooks, go to Employees> My Payroll Service> Billing/Bank Information.
- Under Company Information section, click Payroll Admin tab.
- Select the Edit link.
- Enter your PIN and select Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to update your Payroll Admin information.
- Select Update. A processing request screen appears until the update is finished, which can take several minutes.
- Verify the updated Payroll Admin information and close the window.