Welcome to mobile payments! If you follow the steps below, you'll be taking credit card payments in no time. Additional resources and answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are available here.
Step 2. Create a login from your approval email
After you're approved, you will receive an email from BusinessServices@intuit.com.
- Open the email and click on the blue Create a Login or Login button.
- Your username will be pre-populated with your email address.
- Type in the password you want to use and then click Submit.
Note: Please document your login information. This is used to access the online service center and the GoPayment app. To learn more about what you can do in the online service center, see the section Manage your account and more... below.
Step 3: Process a transaction
Once you've completed the setup instructions, you're ready to swipe or manually enter a credit card for a sale. You may plug in the card reader and swipe. If you do not have a card reader, just tap Key Card to manually enter the card information.
Customize your receipts (Add a logo, phone number, and custom message)
Apple. See Customize my mobile payments receipt (Apple).
- Sign in to the online service center.
- Choose Account > Mobile Payments.
- From the Quick Links on the right side, click the Customize Receipt link.
- Make your changes and then click Save and Preview Receipt.
- Click Done if you're finished or Make Changes to continue customizing.
Set up additional mobile payments users
- Sign in to the online service Center.
- Click Account > Mobile Payments.
- Click Invite User.
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, and Email Address (required), and Phone (optional).
- Assign a role to this user.
- Click Submit.
- GoPayment will send an invitation to the user's email address.
- If they don't already have an Intuit User ID, they will be asked to complete a form.
- If they do have an Intuit User ID, they can click the Already have Intuit User ID link and sign in.
To view these instructions in more detail, see Set Up mobile payments users.
Manage your account and more in the Merchant Service Center
You can manage your account, process transactions and refunds, set up notifications, and more by signing in to the online service center. For detailed information on the features and tools available, see What is the Merchant Service Center (MSC)?
Set up or configure a mobile device to use with QuickBooks Mobile Payments
The following applies to all mobile devices that are to be used with the GoPayment application and associated hardware:
- Internet and Instant Message access is a required feature for the mobile device.
- Confirm your device is compatible with the GoPayment application and associated hardware. See: Devices compatible with the Intuit card reader
- Make sure that you do not have any type of cover or protective skin on the mobile device.
- For the Audio Jack card reader, make sure all volume settings are turned all the way up with the card reader connected.
- The mobile device must be at the latest operating system release version.
- Must have a strong connection that is not interrupted (i.e. not on a call, no Call Waiting or other interference during the connection).
- The speaker-phone must be disabled.
- No other applications are running on the device when using GoPayment.
Important: Our product development team tests GoPayment on the compatible devices listed above, as they are configured from the factory. In some cases it may be necessary to return the mobile device back to its original, "like new" configuration to ensure that it will work with GoPayment and the associated hardware. For more information on returning your device to this original state, contact your mobile device provider.
Perform the appropriate steps for your device's specific parameters to ensure it is optimally configured to work with GoPayment.
- Turn off restrictions for GoPayment: Settings > General > Restrictions > disable
- TTY mode must be off: Settings > Phone > TTY Mode > off
- All internet Cookies must be allowed: Settings > Safari > Allow Cookies > always
Disclaimer: QuickBooks Payments account subject to eligibility criteria, credit and application approval. Money movement services are provided by Intuit Payments Inc., licensed as a Money Transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services.