You can purchase additional licenses if you need more users to simultaneously access a QuickBooks Desktop company file.
Depending on the number of user licenses you have, QuickBooks Desktop Premier allows up to 5 users and Pro allows up to 3 users to work in a company file at the same time.
If you need more than 5 users, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions allows up to 30 users working on a company file at the same time. To see if Enterprise is right for you, along with any active promotions, please contact our sales team at 1-888-566-4671.
To find out how many user licenses you have:
- In QuickBooks, press F2 to open the Product Information window.
- In the upper left, note the number listed for User Licenses.
- Repeat for each installation of QuickBooks.
To find current pricing information for adding users to your license:
- In QuickBooks, go to the Help menu then select Manage My License > Buy Additional User License.
- Select the Add Seats Online link for current pricing.
To purchase additional user licenses:
- In QuickBooks, go to the Help menu then select Manage My License > Buy Additional User License.NOTE: If Buy Additional User License is not available, your QuickBooks may already be at the maximum users allowed.
- The page that opens gives you the option to buy additional licenses online or by phone. If you choose to use the phone option, you will be given the phone number to contact Intuit. If you choose to use the online option, a new page will open allowing you to choose the number of licenses you'd like to buy.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop on additional computers based on the number of licenses you purchased. Use the same license and product numbers you used to originally install QuickBooks Desktop.
- After installing, follow the prompts to activate QuickBooks Desktop.
You can also go to the Help menu then select Manage My License > Sync License Data Online to update your new license information.
If you're installing QuickBooks on a computer that doesn't have internet access, you can manually update your new license information by selecting Help then Manage My License > Buy Additional User Licenses. Use the phone option to enter the same validation code you received when you purchased your additional license.