Update your Payroll Administrator, Payroll Contact, or Primary principal on QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted to manage and secure your account.
Here's the difference between Payroll users in Assisted Payroll:
|Payroll Contact||does not have access to information about employees or the company.|
Note: You can change the Payroll Administrator, Payroll contact or primary principal on your Desktop Payroll Assisted account by completing and faxing a form to Intuit. If you have access, you may be able to change the Payroll Administrator within the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance Pages.
You can change different contact types by following the instructions below:
Change the Payroll Administrator
There are 2 ways on how you can change the Payroll Administrator on your account:
Update in QuickBooks
You can update your Payroll Administrator in your QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance pages.
Note: Only one payroll administrator is allowed per account. To add a new one, delete the existing administrator.
Submit the Account changes form
If you don’t have access to QuickBooks Account Maintenance pages, you can download and fax the form:
- Complete the Account Changes form. This opens in Adobe Reader and the download time depends on your Internet connection speed.
Note: The Primary Principal on your payroll account must authorize this change.
- Create a case and upload your completed and signed form to Intuit. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Change the company Primary Principal
- Complete the Assisted Primary Principal change form.
Note: This opens in Adobe Reader and the download time depends on your Internet connection speed.
- Create a case and upload your completed and signed packet to Intuit. Follow the on-screen instructions.
After we receive the documents, our goal is to complete your request within 2 business days. We will contact you if additional information is required. Once completed, you can see the updated Primary Principal contact on your next log in to the account.
|Important: To process the change, the Federal Law requires you to provide your Social Security number and date of birth in the Primary Principal change form. Intuit protects this information according to our security policy. If we need to share this information with trusted parties for screening purposes, we encrypt and transmit it securely.|
Change a Payroll Contact
- Complete the Contact Changes form. This form will open in Adobe Reader and the download time depends on your Internet connection speed.
Note: The primary principal on your payroll account must authorize this change.
- Upload the completed form to the Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Assisted Document Portal.
Note: There is no limit to the number of contacts you can have on your account.