Learn how to resolve issues you have with accessing My Account.
My Account lets you manage your company's purchases, subscriptions, contacts, payment and billing information, and service requests. To access My Account, you need to create a login. The same login is required to manage your payroll service information in QuickBooks Desktop.
Authorized users are individuals who are authorized to access your company's Customer Account and represent your company when interacting with Intuit.
(If you are an authorized contact, and you can invite, re-invite, or remove a user, see My Account: Add or remove an authorized user. )
In the sections below we help you with logging into My Account.
- Sign in to your Intuit account.
- Select how you would like to receive your confirmation code. And select Continue. If you no longer have access to the email listed, select the option Confirm my account a different way.
- Retrieve the confirmation code. It can sometimes take a few moments for the code to arrive. You may also want to check your bulk/junk/spam mail folder to see if the code went there. If the code does not arrive, you can select the Didn't receive a code link in the Check your email window to generate another code.
- Enter the confirmation code. And select Continue.
Only contacts listed in the account can perform this process. To protect unauthorized access to a company's information, Intuit does not allow a person to add /list themselves in an account.
- From the Sign In page, select the Don't have an Intuit login? link.
- Select your name from the list of contacts, and select Continue.
- Enter your email address and phone number.
- If an account/login has been created with your email address, you can no longer create another with the same email address. You can either retrieve your User ID. Or reset your password.
- Provide the information needed to create an account. And then select Continue.
|Note: Intuit's security policies do not support the sharing of usernames and passwords. So each contact will need their own personal Intuit Account login.|
To retrieve your User ID, you need to have access to the email used to create the Intuit Account login.
- From the Sign In page, select the Forgot User ID or Email? link.
- Enter your e-mail address. And then select Submit.
- Your user ID will be sent to your email. Please check your email.
Note: If you do not see an email from us within 45 minutes, check your spam or junk email folder. Or request for your user ID again.
To reset your password, you need to have access to the email used to create your Intuit login.
- From the sign in screen, select the Forgot Password? link.
- Enter your User ID. And then select Submit.
- If you have set up a security question, enter the answer to the question. And then select Submit.
- Enter and re-enter your new password. And then select Submit. A confirmation email will be sent to you with 45 minutes.
- Select Close.
- In the email, select the Sign in to confirm new password link.
- Enter your new password, and select Confirm Password Reset. You may now go back to QuickBooks Desktop. And use the new password.
Intuit's security policies do not support the sharing of usernames and passwords. So each contact will need their own personal Intuit Account login.
If you have created a user ID on another Intuit website (see examples below), you can use the same user ID and password to log into multiple Intuit websites.
QuickBooks Merchant Service
Your QuickBooks Desktop company file login is not the same as your Intuit login. QuickBooks Desktop software login allows you to access your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
Your Intuit login is mainly used for signing up and accessing Intuit online services and applications to purchase and update your account information.