Find out what to do if you can’t receive any emails from QuickBooks Payments.
In QuickBooks Payments, you should receive an email within 1 hour after any transaction. Some emails you usually receive are:
- Approval emails
- User invitations
- Confirmation code
- Notifications from a transaction, deposit, or recurring charge (ReBill)
- Forms requested from the Merchant Service Center (MSC)
If you don’t receive an email within an hour, it might be caused by any of the following:
- The email was moved to your Junk or Spam folder.
- You use a custom email domain (example: email@example.com) or an email client (Outlook, Exchange, AOL, Thunderbird, etc.).
- Your internet service or domain provider blocks the QuickBooks Payments email address.
Follow these steps so you can receive important emails from QuickBooks Payments again.
Step 1: Check your email folders
- Open your email and check your Spam or Junk folder.
- If it’s there, move the email to your Inbox. If not, proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Add QuickBooks Payments to your contacts
To ensure that you will receive emails from QuickBooks Payments, you need to add Intuit’s email addresses to your contact list. Here’s how:
- Add the following email addresses to your contact list:
- Send an email to any of the email addresses. This helps your internet service or domain provider recognize it as a friendly contact.
- If you still can’t receive any email, proceed to step 3.
Step 3: Contact your IT person or domain provider to turn off Sender ID filtering
You need to contact your IT person or domain provider for assistance to temporarily turn off Sender ID filtering or get help on what’s causing you not to receive the email.
Note: The sender ID "firstname.lastname@example.org" is not included in the Sender Policy Framework (SPF), an email authentication system that prevents email spoofing. If Sender ID filtering is turned on, then emails coming from email@example.com automatically gets rejected.
Here’s the list of allowed SPF server hostnames and IP addresses: