The Payroll Administrator is the company's main contact person for day-to-day payroll issues and activities. The Payroll Administrator should be someone who is authorized to process payroll for the company, who has access to all the company's payroll information, and who can answer questions on behalf of the company principal regarding payroll details.
This article describes how to change Payroll Admin information.
- You have an active, up-to-date version of QuickBooks and access to the Internet.
- You are an authorized contact of the account.
To update the Payroll Administrator information:
For Basic, Standard, and Enhanced
- In QuickBooks, go to Employees> My Payroll Service> Account/Billing Information.
- Sign in using your Intuit Account login. This will open the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page.See also QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page login help
- In the Company Information section, click the Edit link next to Contacts.
- If you have signed up for direct deposit, enter your direct deposit PIN and click Continue.See also Change or recover forgotten/lost PIN for processing direct deposit payroll for Basic, Standard, an Enhanced Payroll
- Change the contact details of the Payroll Admin: First Name, Last name, Phone and Email.
- Click Update.
- Wait for the confirmation of the update and click Close.
- Review the updated Contacts information and close the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page.
For Assisted Payroll
- In QuickBooks, go to Employees> My Payroll Service> Billing/Bank Information.
- Under Company Information section, click Payroll Admin tab.
- Click the Edit link.
- Enter your PIN and click Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to update your Payroll Admin information.
- Click Update. A processing request screen appears until the update is finished, which can take several minutes.
- Verify the updated Payroll Admin information and close the window.