If you have an Intuit Payment Solutions account for QuickBooks, GoPayment, Point of Sale, or Web Store, you can process credit card sales directly from the Merchant Service Center, wherever you are as long as you have access to the internet. You will also have an option to print a basic receipt of the transaction. However, if a signature line is needed, the appropriate software (e.g. QuickBooks, Point-of-Sale, GoPayment) will be required.
Take note that some QuickBooks payments accounts that have added the ability to process electronic check transactions, can do so in the online service center. Follow the steps below for instructions on taking an eCheck payment. (scan checks is not available in the online service center)
QuickBooks Online users can process eChecks in the Merchant Service Center, then manually record them in QuickBooks Online or accept payments in a similar manner using the e-Invoicing feature.
IMPORTANT: If you are using a discontinued version of QuickBooks desktop software and haven't upgraded to a newer version yet, your account will remain open and you can still process payments using the instructions below. For more information, or if you'd like to upgrade your software now, visit QuickBooks Service Discontinuation homepage.
Process a Credit Card payment
- Sign in to your Merchant Service Center.
- Choose Processing Tools then Charge a Card.
- Complete the required fields with the payment information, or use the Click to swipe card button if you have a USB card reader, then select Submit. For cards that do not have a U.S. format zip code (e.g. international cards), the card holder (customer) will need to contact their bank for options to use when a U.S. zip code is required. Debit cards may only be used if they can be processed as a credit card.Note: Comments added in the field below are only visible to you, the merchant, and the card holder (customer).
- Once the payment is processed, a confirmation page displays. You can print, email, or void the transaction, or select done to go back to the Charge a card screen.NOTE: Transactions processed in the Online Service Center cannot be integrated with QuickBooks or any versions of our software. All transactions processed here need to be recorded in your QuickBooks software, see take a payment without charging the card or check.
Process an eCheck payment
- Login to your Merchant Service Center.
- On the homepage, select the blue Check transactions link located in the Processing Tools box or from any page in your online service center, select Processing Tools then choose Accept an eCheck.
- Make sure the Accept an echeck tab is highlighted.
- Enter the transaction amount.
- Select the Account Type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the routing number (should be nine digits long).
- Enter the account number.
- Enter the customer’s first and last name.
- Enter the customer’s phone number.
- Select the appropriate option I have a signed authorization or My customer is on the phone. Choose Submit.Note: All fields are required.