This article describes what information you should check when reviewing Preview W-2 copies.
You have an active QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted subscription.
NOTE: The information you can view in Preview W-2 reflects the current year payroll information that has been transmitted to our service through September 30, regardless of the payroll check date. If a payroll was not processed prior to or on September 30, it does not appear in the Preview W-2.
The following items on Preview W-2 copies should be reviewed for accuracy:
- Employee name: should match the employee's name on their Social Security card.
- Employee address: make sure the W-2s can be sent by mail to employees' correct addresses.
- Employee Social Security number: should match the number as shown on the employee's Social Security card.
- Company Legal Name: name of the company on file with the IRS.
- Company legal address: address of the company on file with the IRS.
- Company Employer Identification Number (EIN): this is the company's federal taxpayer identification number.
We recommend that you also validate the W-2 tax and wage data on the W-2 Preview against the same information in your QuickBooks Desktop using the QuickBooks Payroll Summary Report to review your Employees' W-2 data.
Other items to check include:
- Annual Payroll Item Amounts: