This article covers how to authorize QuickBooks Online Payroll and Intuit Online Payroll to electronically e-file and e-pay your Massachusetts state unemployment insurance (SUI) forms and taxes.
In order for QuickBooks Online Payroll and Intuit Online Payroll to complete your enrollment, you must authorize us to act as your agent with the state of Massachusetts.
To authorize our QuickBooks Online Payroll or Intuit Online Payroll service to act as your agent with the state of Massachusetts:
- Log in to your Massachusetts DUA (QUEST) account.
- From My Home Page, click Account Maintenance.
In the Account Maintenance section, click Third Party Administrator (TPA) Authorization.
Near the bottom of the screen, click New to add us as an authorized agent.
In the TPA ID field, enter 100182 (our agent ID for Intuit Online Payroll, Intuit Full Service Payroll, QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced, and QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service).
- Click Next.
In the TPA Details section, in the TPA Services Begin Date field, enter today's date.
- Leave the TPA Services End Date field blank.
- Under Un-assigned Roles, click to select the following checkboxes:
- Account Maintenance View Only
- Payments Update and Submit
- Employment and Wage Detail Update and Submit
- Click Save.
Please Contact Us so that we can proceed with the enrollment process. After you contact us, we'll complete your enrollment within 1 to 2 business days.
To add an end date to the previous TPA's profile:
If you were with another Intuit Payroll product before QuickBooks Online Payroll and Intuit Online Payroll, you may have already added Intuit as an authorized TPA (with a different TPA ID) on the Massachusetts website. You will need to enter an end date to the previous TPA's profile or else this will cause the MA SUI e-services to be rejected.
- Log in to QUEST and click Account Maintenance.
- Click the Third Party Administrator (TPA) Authorization link.
- Leave the search criteria blank and click Search.
- Click on the TPA ID for the company who's authorization needs to be ended. The Online Payroll, Intuit Full Service Payroll, and QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service TPA ID is 100182. The end date is effective one day after the specified date. You will be able to make Intuit Full Service Payroll and QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service the new TPA with a starting date one day later than the end date.
- The TPA Details page appears, click Modify.
- In the TPA Details area, change the TPA Service End Date to today's date.
- Click Save.