At Intuit, we support you and your small business needs. Here is how we can help you.
Issues that warrant free support for 12 months after product registration
Support for these issues is free for 12 months after product registration (for currently supported products only per our Service Discontinuation Policy).Note: All issues not listed in this section require a support plan for live assistance.
Technical support guidance on:
- Downloading QuickBooks Desktop or installing from the CD.
- Questions about installing or reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop on one or more computers that meet published system requirements for your product, or moving your product to a new computer that meets those requirements.
- Upgrading to the current version or latest release of your QuickBooks software.
- Integrating QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale with QuickBooks Financial Software for the first time.
- Setting up Multi-Store Exchange in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Pro Multi-Store.
- Creating a new company file or converting a company file from another version of QuickBooks Desktop, Point of Sale, or other Intuit products.
- Questions around the initial setup of multi-users as well as multi-user networks such as installation, Windows firewall setup, and folder permission configuration.
Issues that are free of charge regardless of product
These issues do not have any associated fees or charges regardless of the product.
- Problems registering your product.
- Issues involving Admin password (lost, change, or removal)Note: Some issues may require escalations or internal repairs by Intuit. In these cases, the file will have to be in or returned in a supported product version. There is no charge for the password issue, but a software purchase may be necessary.
- Upgrading to the current version or latest release of your product.
- All issues encountered by Intuit Education Program users.
Issues that do not have any associated fees or charges regardless of product for currently supported products only per our Service Discontinuation Policy
These issues are supported free of charge on currently supported products only per our Service Discontinuation Policy.
- Error messages or documented solutions that tell you to contact Technical Support.
- All error messages that contain a 6XXX code.
- Limited third-party assistance is provided for components necessary to install or run QuickBooks as listed in the system requirements.Note: Some issues may require technical troubleshooting from an outside (non-Intuit) Windows expert or IT professional. These issues are not supported regardless of the product.
Check out our support hours and call us at 800-348-0254.
Support Options/Support Plans
For any other issue, we offer personalized assistance from an Intuit Support Professional with the purchase of a support plan or the one-time support option.Important: Active Point of Sale subscriptions have unlimited support. This covers supported versions of both Point of Sale and QuickBooks Pro/Premier.
|QuickBooks Premier Plus and Pro Plus Subscribers||QuickBooks Premier Plus and Pro Plus Subscribers are entitled to unlimited, 24/7 support on any topic with an active and current subscription. Plus subscribers receive mobile access to data, online backup of QuickBooks files, and automatic upgrades. Check our website for more details.|
|QuickBooks Pro/Premier and QuickBooks for Mac||Unlimited support is available for any issue with an active support plan. Learn more about our Care Plans for QuickBooks Pro and Premier.Alternatively, a single-incident support call may serve your needs. A one-time fee of $59.95 will be charged for a single-support call.*|
|QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale||
All QuickBooks Point of Sale subscribers are entitled to unlimited support on any topic with an active and current subscription. See hours of operation above.Alternately, a single-incident Point of Sale support call may serve your needs. A one-time fee of $59.00 will be charged for a single-support call.*
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Customers||Unlimited support is available for any issue with an active Enterprise subscription. Learn more about pricing for Enterprise subscriptions.|
*One-time support provided on a per-issue basis supports with you the same issue up to 10 days after your call.