Learn about our customer care policy and how we can help you.
Issues with free support for 12 months after you register your product.
We offer free help for these issues for 12 months after you register your product. This is only for products we support. You can check out our Service Discontinuation Policy for details.
Note: Anything we don't list in this section requires a support plan for live help.
Technical support guidance on:
- Download QuickBooks Desktop or install from the CD.
- Questions about your install. If you need to install again on one or more computers or if you need to install on a new computer. The computer has to meet system requirements.
- If you need to upgrade to the current version or latest release of your QuickBooks software.
- If you need to connect QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale with QuickBooks Financial Software for the first time.
- If you need to set up Multi-Store Exchange in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Pro Multi-Store.
- If you need to create a new company file or convert a company file from another version.
- If you have questions around the initial setup of multi-users and multi-user networks. This includes installation, Windows firewall setup, and folder permission configuration.
Free help regardless of product
We can help you with these issues for free.
- If you have problems when you register your product.
- If you need help with admin passwords. If you lost your password, need to change it, or remove it, we can help.
Note: Some password issues may require escalation or internal repairs by Intuit. In these cases, the file has to be in a product we support. There's no charge to help with the password issue, but you may have to purchase a product we support.
- If you need help to upgrade to the current version or latest release of your product.
- All issues for Intuit Education Program users.
Free help for products we support per our Service Discontinuation Policy
These issues are free for the products we support per our Service Discontinuation Policy.
- Error messages or solutions that tell you to contact Technical Support.
- All error messages that contain a 6XXX code.
- There is a limit on third-party help for components you need to install or run QuickBooks.
Note: Some issues require technical help from an outside (non-Intuit) Windows expert or IT professional. We don't support these issues regardless of the product.
Support options and support plans
For any other issue, we offer help from an Intuit Support Professional. You'll need to buy a support plan or one-time support.
Important: Active Point of Sale subscriptions have unlimited support. This covers versions we support for both Point of Sale and QuickBooks Pro/Premier.
|QuickBooks Premier Plus and Pro Plus Subscribers||Active subscribers to QuickBooks Premier Plus and Pro Plus Subscribers get unlimited help. Plus subscribers receive mobile access to data, online backup of QuickBooks files, and automatic upgrades. Check our website for more details.|
|QuickBooks Pro/Premier and QuickBooks for Mac||Active support plans get unlimited help for any issue. Learn more about our Care Plans for QuickBooks Pro and Premier.|
If you need help with one issue, you can buy the help you need. We offer a $59.95 option for a single-support call.*
|QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale|
Active subscribers to QuickBooks Point of Sale get unlimited help. See hours of operation above.
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Customers||Active Enterprise Solutions subscribers get unlimited help. If you’re on a version of Enterprise we don't support, we can help upgrade your company file to one we do. This includes help with the installation of version we don't support. We can't help with the version we don't support. Learn more about pricing for Enterprise subscriptions.|
*One-time support provided on a per-issue basis supports the same issue up to 10 days after your call.