Learn how to invite your employees to track time and get set up with TSheets.
With QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Elite, your employees can track their time with TSheets. Before an employee can start tracking time, you need to invite them to TSheets. Once they accept an invitation, they’ll be able to set up their TSheets account and begin to track time.
|Note: Only a Company admin or Master admin in QuickBooks Online can invite employees to TSheets.|
Step 1: Invite your employees to TSheets
- Go to Workers or Payroll menu, then select Employees.
- For a new employee, select Add an employee.
- For an existing employee, select the employee’s name, then select Edit ✎.
- From the Pay tab, in the Personal info section, add your employee’s email address. Then select the Invite this employee to track and record their hours with TSheets by QuickBooks checkbox.
- Select Done, and the invitation will be emailed to your employee.
Step 2: Make sure your employee sees the invite
Once you invite your employees to TSheets, they'll need to do a few things before they can start tracking time.
Here are 4 things your employee needs to do:
- Be on the lookout for a text message with the invite.
- Accept the invite.
- Create a user ID and password (if they haven’t already).
- Download the TSheets app.