Learn how to invite your employees to track time and get set up with QuickBooks Time.
With QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Elite, your employees can track their time with QuickBooks Time. Before an employee can start tracking time, you need to invite them to QuickBooks Time. Once they accept an invitation, they’ll be able to set up their QuickBooks Time account and begin to track time.
|Note: Only a Company admin or primary admin in QuickBooks Online can invite employees to QuickBooks Time.|
Step 1: Invite your employees to QuickBooks Time
- Go to Payroll menu, then select Employees.
- For a new employee, select Add an employee.
- For an existing employee, select the employee’s name, then select Edit ✎.
- From the Pay tab, in the Personal info section, add your employee’s email address. Then select the Invite this employee to track and record their hours with QuickBooks Time by QuickBooks checkbox.
- Select Done, and the invitation will be emailed to your employee.
Step 2: Make sure your employee sees the invite
Once you invite your employees to QuickBooks Time, they'll need to do a few things before they can start tracking time.
Here are 4 things your employee needs to do:
- Be on the lookout for a text message with the invite.
- Accept the invite.
- Create a user ID and password (if they haven’t already).
- Download the QuickBooks Time app.