Learn how to enter pay info for employees in Intuit Online Payroll.
Add your employees to complete your payroll setup. If you already paid them in this calendar year, you also need to enter their past pay information. This is to make sure that everything is accurate for year-to-date (YTD) totals on your employees’ pay stubs going forward to report correct W-2 information at the end of the year.
You need to gather some data before we begin, but don't worry, we're here to help you through each step. And you won't have to do this again once you're set up.
Step 1: Collect employee info
Gather employee W-4s, pay stubs, or other payroll reports to help you enter employee's details and what each employee was paid so far this year. We recommend using employee pay stubs and reports that may have the employee year to date amounts. Check out the reports needed for each employee you paid.
Step 2: Get started
- Select Start to enter Employee names.
- Enter employee info, then select Continue.
- Select Start in the Taxes column to complete Federal and State tax set up.
- Select Start to start adding Prior Payroll. Select your answer to the questions that follows.
- Enter prior payroll details for each employee you’ve paid in 2020.Note: Based on the signup date and the date you started paying your EEs, you need to complete the following YTD totals. These are broken down per pay type, tax type, or deductions and contributions.
- Year-to-date totals as of today (January 1 to current)
- Year-to-date totals as of June 30 (January 1 to June 30)
- Year-to-date totals as of September 30 (January 1 to September 30)
- After entering prior payrolls to all employees, select Done with Employee Totals.
- Select Company Payroll Totals. These are the total payrolls of employees you paid, broken down per pay date. Select Continue.
- Enter YTD totals for Company-paid Taxes, and select Continue.
You can now run your first payroll.