Learn how to update your business or contact names associated with your Intuit account.
Update your business name
- Copy the template in the section below to your email and fill it out completely. You must include the entire template including the statements at the bottom.
- Attach the following supporting documents:
- Current photo ID, such as state-issued ID, driver's license, or passport.
- Proof that you paid for the service or product, such as a bank statement that shows the subscription payments, the account number, and your name.
- Send the completed form with the supporting documents to QBG-CSGroup@intuit.com.
- You will receive an email, typically within 3-5 business days, confirming the update.
- You must be the primary contact on the account in order to change your business name.
- If you're not the primary contact, see change or update contact(s) on your Intuit account for more information.
- If you want to change your account name, legal business name, address, and using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, get more help here.
Customer Account Number:
Main Business Address:
Main Business Phone No.
Business’s Former Name (as it currently appears on your Intuit Account):
New Business Name (100-character maximum):
Reason for Change
____ New “Doing Business As” (DBA) Name for existing business
____ Change in Corporate Ownership
____ Dissolution or Bankruptcy
____Other (Please Describe)
Your Contact Information (in case we need to contact you)
Your Name: ______________________________________
Your Email Address: _______________________________
Your Business Phone Number: _______________________
By submitting this form, you represent and warrant that:(a) you are authorized to represent the business listed above;(b) all the information you have provided above is true and correct;(c) you are instructing and authorizing Intuit to update your Business Name within its existing Intuit Account as set out above and for reason provided by you on this form.
Update your contact name
- Fill out the Contact name change form.
- Attach one or more of the following supporting documents:
- Marriage license
- Driver's license
- Social Security card
- Submit the completed form with the supporting documents to QBG-CSGroup@intuit.com.