Learn what to do if invited users did not receive, or can't find, your email invitation to use QuickBooks Online.
Have you invited a user, but they didn't receive their invitation or their invitation is missing? If so, we'll help you find out what's happening and resend the invitation.
Why aren't my invited users receiving their email invitations?
- The invitation might be in their junk or spam folder.
- The company’s email address is incorrectly formatted in the Company tab under Account and settings.
- The recipient’s mail servers might be blocking the email.
- The invitation may have already expired. Email invites expire 48 hours after they were sent.
|If the invitation email can’t be found or has expired, resend the invitation by following the steps found below.
Resend an invitation email
Step 1: Check if your email address is correct
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and settings.
- Select the Company tab.
- In the Contact info section, select Edit ✎.
- Even if it looks correct, carefully re-enter the company email address. Be sure not to use any extra characters or leave any blank spaces before, within, or after the address.
- Select Save, then Done.
Step 2: Make sure email recipient has an Intuit Account
If the user doesn’t already have an Intuit Account, they should create an account with their desired email address. Having an Intuit Account may help prevent the user invite email from getting flagged as spam.
Step 3: Resend the user invite
- Go to Settings ⚙.
- Select Manage users.
- Find the user you need to invite again.
- Select Resend invite from the Action column.
Note: If you don't see the option to resend and the status shows Active, it means the user has accepted your invitation to join your company and has already set up a login. They can now sign in to qbo.intuit.com and start working on your QuickBooks company.
Add Intuit’s email server hostnames to the allow list
If they still don't receive your email invitation, it's possible that their mail servers block emails from Intuit or tags them as spam.
You can ask them to add the following QuickBooks Online email server hostnames and IP addresses to their email providers allow list so their invitation won't get recognised as spam.