- Go to the Employees menu, then select Payroll Center.
- Select the Pay Liabilities tab.
- At the bottom, under Other Activities, select Change Payment Method.
- Go to Schedule payments, then select the tax liability you want to edit or schedule a payment for.
- Select Edit.
- Enter the appropriate information.
For QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced users:
- If the payment frequency option you need is unavailable in the drop-down list, mark the Let me use a different payment frequency checkbox. Select Next, then set up a custom payment schedule.
- The IRS doesn't offer a weekly liability payment schedule. If you're required to make a payment several days after running payroll, the IRS considers it a semiweekly basis. Just choose After Each Payroll (Semiweekly) from the Payment (deposit) frequency drop-down to set it up.
- Select Finish, then Finish Later.