The following error codes appear when trying to download the latest tax table update.
These error codes are caused by any of the following:
- The Shared Download drive was not mapped correctly
- A missing file or component for payroll updates
- Incorrect configuration of IE settings
- A firewall setting that may block payroll updates in QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled
- Unable to verify digital signatures
Solution 1: Download the updates as an administrator
- Close your company files and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon, then select Run as Administrator.
- Select Yes on the message that says, "Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?"
- Download the latest QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- Download the latest payroll tax table update again.
Solution 2: Run Quick Fix my Program
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors. You'll need to close QuickBooks to use the tool hub. For the best experience, we recommend you use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the most recent version (220.127.116.11) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If you've installed Tool Hub before, you can find out which version you have. Select the Home tab. The version will be on the bottom.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you can't find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Step 2: From the Tools Hub, run the Quick Fix my Program
The Quick Fix will shut down any lingering background processes QuickBooks may be using. It’ll run a quick repair on your program.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Program Problems.
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks
Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix or repair common install issues.
Solution 4: Re-install QuickBooks
Re-install your QuickBooks Desktop so Windows can fix your company file issues.