Learn how to cancel a bill payment in Online Bill Pay in QuickBooks Online.
Did you submit a bill payment and then realize you needed to make a change to it? In Online Bill Pay you can easily cancel a bill payment that you don't want to go through. In this article we'll show you how.
Cancel a bill payment
Before you cancel a bill payment make sure you're within the correct timeframe.
- A bill payment, created through Online Bill Pay before 3PM PST, can be canceled until 4PM PST on the banking day before the Process Date.
- A bill payment, created through Online Bill Pay after 3PM PST, can be canceled until 6PM PST on the banking day before the Process Date.
Follow these steps to cancel your bill.
- Login to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Select Transactions, then Expenses.
- Select Pay Bills Online button.
- Select the Sent Payments tab.
- Locate the desired payment.
- Select Track Status on the desired payment.
- Select Cancel Payment.
- You'll be asked if you're sure you want to cancel the payment. Select Yes.
Your payment is now canceled.