Learn how to update your EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System) Internet password.
Internet Password Guidelines
Follow the instructions on the EFTPS website to update your internet password: https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/direct/FAQGeneral.page#getPassword
Note: Do not forget to change it in QuickBooks desktop before making another e-payment.
Change your password in QuickBooks Desktop
If you use E-Pay in QuickBooks Desktop, you should change your password in QuickBooks Desktop to match your new EFTPS Internet password the next time you make an e-payment.
See Enroll in Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) for more information.
To change your password in QuickBooks Desktop when making an e-payment:
- From the Payroll Center, select the Pay Liabilities tab.
- In the Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities section, select the federal liability to e-pay, and select View/Pay.
- Verify that E-payment is selected, and select E-pay.
- Clear the Remember My Information for next Time checkbox.
- Enter your 4-Digit PIN and new EFTPS Internet password.
- Enter any other missing information.
- Select Submit.
The next time you make e-payment, re-enter your 4-Digit PIN and EFTPS Internet password, and select the Remember My Information for next Time option.