QuickBooks Desktop payroll provides the latest state and federal tax tables, tax forms and e-file and pay options.
QuickBooks Payroll releases payroll updates throughout the year. All the tax table releases are base from federal and state changes on tax calculations and payroll forms.
Before downloading the payroll updates, make sure you have:
- An active QuickBooks payroll subscription
- Updated QuickBooks release version
- You are connected to the internet
Which payroll update do I have?
To check the latest payroll update:
- Go to Employees, then select Get Payroll Updates.
- Check the number next to “You are using tax table version:”.
- To identify if it’s the correct version, see latest payroll news and updates.
- To find more details on the tax table version, select Payroll Update Info.
How to get payroll updates?
If you need to download the latest payroll updates, see get the latest payroll tax table update.
QuickBooks disk delivery subscribers receives updates on CD via mail. We recommend that you download and install the payroll update if you have internet access.
What are Automatic Updates?
QuickBooks downloads payroll updates automatically as soon as they are available over the Internet.
Note: This is general information and not intended to provide tax or legal advice.