Consider the following guide when you deal with an invalid card number when submitting a credit card transaction.
- This error occurs when the credit card number or card verification code is not in the correct format. The card number must be 16 digits in length (15 for American Express).
- The card must have the respective credit logo on it. A debit card without the logo (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) will not process.
- Only the card numbers should be entered for processing. There must be no special characters in the card number or cardholder name fields.
- Enter the card verification code as it appears on the card.
- For Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards, the code is 3 digits and is found on the back of the card.
- For American Express, the code is 4 digits and is found on the front of the card.
Note: If the card being processed is from a saved source (e.g. ReBill recurring transactions) editing the saved information may not work. The saved information must be deleted and re-entered for the card to process correctly. This is true even if only one of the saved variables is incorrect.
IMPORTANT: For the security of your account, perform a voice authorization to confirm the validity of the card number if the card continues to present this error.