When trying to add a company or Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) to an existing QuickBooks Payroll Basic or Enhanced service, the Use my existing payroll service option is not displayed.
Use My Existing Payroll Service will not be available as an option if:
- you have a company file in QuickBooks Desktop that has not validated the payroll subscription.
- you just installed QuickBooks Desktop and does not have available company file to use for validating payroll subscription.
If you have a company file with active subscription, follow steps below to enable Use My Existing Payroll Service option.
- Open the existing file that has a payroll subscription.
- To validate subscription, update the tax table on this file.
- When done with the update, close the company file.
- Open the company file of the EIN you want to add to your subscription.
- From top toolbar, click Employees > Payroll > Use My Existing Payroll Service.