Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
30 helpful votes

Reactivate account for year-end form filing


This article explains how to reactivate your account for year-end form filing.


To reactivate your Do-It-Yourself (Enhanced, Basic, Standard), contact Payroll Support for assistance.

To reactivate your Intuit Online Payroll account for year-end form filing:

  1. Go to To Do.
  2. Select File year-end forms and taxes.
  3. Select Yes to confirm reactivation.

What is the cost for year-end reactivation?

You will be billed for one month of service for reactivation. The price will be the standard fee for 1 month of service under the pricing plan you had originally signed up for. Please note that if you canceled your service during your promotional introductory period that the intro rate will not apply, and you will instead be billed at the standard monthly rate.

What can I do when I reactivate my service for year-end filing?

Reactivating the service will allow you to perform the following tasks:

  • File Form W-2 with the Social Security Administration (SSA)
  • Print Form W-2 copies for you and your employees
  • Print any outstanding federal or state tax forms
  • Record any outstanding federal or state tax payments

If you were enrolled in electronic services at the time of your original cancelation, and if your banking information has not changed, you will also be able to do the following:

  • Electronically pay outstanding federal and state tax liability
  • Electronically file outstanding federal and state tax forms

Note that once reactivated, you may not issue new checks to employees or contractors. Year-end reactivation is for year-end tax payments and filings only.

Can I file Form 1099 for contractors?

Intuit Online Payroll does have a separate, 1099 E-File Service available for an additional fee. It is not included in the standard year-end reactivation. For additional details, follow the link from your To Do list regarding the 1099 E-File Service.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post

Need to get in touch?

Contact us