cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicky-crage
Level 1

How would i set up a group of users that can only input their timesheets and expenses only, without this group having access to run reports etc?

3 Comments 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would i set up a group of users that can only input their timesheets and expenses only, without this group having access to run reports etc?

Hi there, vicky-crage.

Setting up user’s access by group is unavailable. You’ll need to do it individually instead. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top and select Manage users. 
  2. Click Add user
  3. Select Standard user under user type
  4. Choose Time tracking only for the limit. 
  5. Click Next and enter other necessary information. 
  6. Click Save. 

For additional information, please check out this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Manage-your-account/How-to-add-delete-or-change-a-user-s-acc...

You're always welcome to visit us again if you have other concerns about Quickbooks. 

vicky-crage
Level 1

Hi Mike,

Dont think this solves the security problem that we are wanting.  I have provided feedback and some screenshots within the Give feedback section of the program

Vicky

RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

We appreciate your feedback, Vicky.

For now, we're unable to add a user that only has access to timesheets and expenses. Aside from the feedback you've already sent, I'll also forward your request to our product engineers since they're the ones who update QuickBooks.

The feature might be added in the future if they receive a lot of request from customers about this.

Feel free to leave a comment on this thread if you have other questions or concerns. Thank you.