Can I export data form one QBO file to import it into another QBO file?
Hi there, JMBN.
Yes, you can export data from one QBO file to import it into another QBO file. That being said, I'll provide information and steps on how exporting and importing works.
We can directly export your data from QuickBooks Online to Excel. This is the program's default file application, which enables you to save your file. Please note that we're unable to transfer the entire data. For more information, you can click this article: Move your lists to QuickBooks Online. This provides details about what are the data that can be exported and imported in QBO.
Then, follow the steps below on how to export and import your data.
To export the data:
1. From your QBO account, click the Gear icon in the top right corner.
2. Select Export Data.
3. You'll be asked why you're exporting. Choose an answer and click Continue.
4. In the Export Data window, select the data that you'd like to send to Excel.
5. Choose Export to Excel.
Once the information is saved as an Excel file, you can now login to another QBO account. Then, continue with the steps below to import them.
1. Click the Gear icon.
2. Select Import Data.
3. Choose the data block to import, then browse for the file.
4. You'll then map the data.
5. Click Next to continue.
You can also visit these links below to see steps on how you can export your payroll data and customer information from QuickBooks Online to Excel.