cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 2

How to monthly invoice a (non employee) using a room 2 days in my Practice, so that I can pass 70% of his/her Medicare & Private fees charged to his/her patients, which comes into my business account, retaining the remaining 30% as facility fee income.

 
Solved
Best answer 10-08-2019

Best Answers
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to monthly invoice a (non employee) using a room 2 days in my Practice, so that I can pas...

Hi W Kirollos, 

 

The credit note is the adjustment note under the Customer page, you're right. 

Here is a detailed flow of the whole process: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-au/manage-customers-and-income/enter-and-apply-a-adju...

 

As for the account details, you will need to check or seek advise from your accountant. 

 

Furthermore to applying the adjustment note to an invoice, please follow the steps below: 

 

  1. Go to the Plus Sign (+) and click Receive Payment.
  2. Complete these fields as follows:
    • Customer: From the drop-down list select the customer the adjustment note is for.
    • Date: Change if necessary.
    • Amount:, Payment Method: and Reference no. fields are to be left blank.
    • Memo: (Optional)
    • Deposit To: Leave blank since money isn't actually being deposited with this transaction.
  3. Select the Invoice that you want to apply the Adjustment Note against.
  4. Select the Adjustment Note that you are wanting to apply to the invoice
  5. Verify that the total to pay (if any) is correct after applying the Adjustment Note then click Save.

Let us know if you require further assistance. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Comments
Moderator

Re: How to monthly invoice a (non employee) using a room 2 days in my Practice, so that I can pas...

Greetings, @W Kirollos!

 

There are two things you can consider before creating a monthly invoice depending on how you receive the payment. I'm here to share them and help you from there.

 

Firstly, if you receive only 30% amount of payment from your customer, here's how you create the monthly invoice:

  1. Go to the Plus icon.
  2. Under Customer, select Invoice.
  3. Enter the information as needed for your customer's invoice.
  4. Click Make recurring.
  5. Enter the name of your customer's monthly invoice template.
  6. Under Type, select Scheduled.
  7. On the Interval menu, select Monthly.
  8. Type in all the needed information.
  9. Click Save template.

Additionally, I've added this helpful article to learn more about your recurring invoice: Create Templates for Recurring Transactions.

 

Meanwhile, if you receive all 100% of the payment from your customer, you'll have to create a new item for the 70% payment with an expense account as the income account. But you can still follow the same steps above in creating your monthly invoice.

 

Nevertheless, here's how you can create your new item with an expense account:

  1. Go to Sales.
  2. Select Products and Services.
  3. Click New.
  4. Enter the name of your new item.
  5. Under Income account, select one of your expense accounts.
  6. Click Save and close.

Once completed, you'll have to create a credit memo and select your newly created item with the 70% amount of the payment. Then, apply it when receiving the other 30% of the invoice payment from your customer.

 

Know that you can always visit our Help Articles page for QuickBooks Online in case you need tips and related articles for your future tasks.

 

If there's anything else that I can help you with or if you're referring to something else, please let me know in the comment section down below. I'll be always around ready to help.

Level 2

Re: How to monthly invoice a (non employee) using a room 2 days in my Practice, so that I can pas...

Hi Jonpril

Thanks for your prompt advice, I just have the following queries regard the same subject:

1- My case is the 100% scenario, so with credit note, I believe you mean it's adjustment note under Customer page, isn't it.

2-Which detail type I would choose when creating the expense account (as service item), and the tax code should be out of scope isn't it.

3- I'll be running the Invoice & the adjustment note monthly, so the podiatrist should receive from me of each, my question is

A- do I have to do further step as to receipt the invoice or the adjustment note.

B- Is there a way to combine the Invoice & the adjustment note on one form.

Thanks

Thanks

QuickBooks Team

Re: How to monthly invoice a (non employee) using a room 2 days in my Practice, so that I can pas...

Hi W Kirollos, 

 

The credit note is the adjustment note under the Customer page, you're right. 

Here is a detailed flow of the whole process: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-au/manage-customers-and-income/enter-and-apply-a-adju...

 

As for the account details, you will need to check or seek advise from your accountant. 

 

Furthermore to applying the adjustment note to an invoice, please follow the steps below: 

 

  1. Go to the Plus Sign (+) and click Receive Payment.
  2. Complete these fields as follows:
    • Customer: From the drop-down list select the customer the adjustment note is for.
    • Date: Change if necessary.
    • Amount:, Payment Method: and Reference no. fields are to be left blank.
    • Memo: (Optional)
    • Deposit To: Leave blank since money isn't actually being deposited with this transaction.
  3. Select the Invoice that you want to apply the Adjustment Note against.
  4. Select the Adjustment Note that you are wanting to apply to the invoice
  5. Verify that the total to pay (if any) is correct after applying the Adjustment Note then click Save.

Let us know if you require further assistance. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Level 2

Re: How to monthly invoice a (non employee) using a room 2 days in my Practice, so that I can pas...

Thanks Joey, I think I figured it out now, if I'll see how it will go with my first coming run.

Cheers

W Kirollos