Learn how to use write off invoices tool in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
Do you have invoices you can’t collect? You can use Write Off Invoices from your Accountant Tools.
With write off invoices, QuickBooks applies discounts to zero out your invoices, then posts them to your write off account. This easily updates your Accounts Receivable and expense balances. No need to manually record everything. Here's how.
Using a different plan? Check out the other ways to write off bad debts.
- Go to Accountant Tools, then select Write Off Invoices.
- Set the Age, To Date, and Balance Due less than filters to find the invoice/s. Then, select Refresh.
- Select the checkboxes next to the invoices you want to write off.
- On the lower left, from the Write Off Account ▼drop-down menu, select the account you use for bad debts.
- Select Preview and Write Off, then review the invoices you choose to write off.
- Once you’re all set, select Write Off.
- Select Close.
|Note: You don’t need to enter your closing date password if you’re writing off invoices dated before your closing date.|