I can help you on how to indicate the employee's job on an invoice, macsmusicschool.
You can turn on the Track classes feature to track the employee's job by lessons, by departments, or any other segments in your business.
- Click the Gear icon on the top menu.
- Choose Account and Settings.
- Click Advanced. Then, click Edit ✎ in the Categories section.
- Place a checkmark in the Track classes option.
- Choose Warn me when a transaction isn’t assigned a class. This is optional, but it's good to turn on so when you look at reports, you know everything got classified.
- Click the Assign classes ▼ drop-down and choose One to entire transaction or One to each row in transaction.
- Click Save.
- Click Done.
For more details about class tracking, you can check out this article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1776444.
Let me know if you need anything else with managing your business in QuickBooks Online. Just add more details by posting a comment below.