When you set up online banking, you connect your bank and credit card accounts to automatically download transactions. If you can't find your financial institution when you set up, don't worry.
There are a number of reasons this can happen, but there are some steps you can take to find the right one.
|Note for Square 1 bank customers: Before you can connect your bank and/or credit card accounts to QuickBooks Online, you will need a user ID and temporary password. These are not the same as your online banking sign-in credentials. If you have not been given these credentials, contact Square 1 Bank.|
Why you can't find or connect to your bank
You may have an issue finding or connecting to your bank if:
- Your bank has multiple names on our list. Make sure you have selected the correct listing or have tried all possible links. Search by the banking sign in URL to ensure you are using the correct listing.
- Your bank does not connect to all types of accounts (for example, personal accounts vs business accounts).
- Your bank is not a participating financial institution.If you still can't find your bank, use the Request support for your bank option and ask us to add your bank.
Try other listed versions of your bank name
Sometimes a financial institution will have multiple bank names or they might have different types of accounts but choose to only release one website for connection to QuickBooks Online.
One solution is to try other versions of your financial institution that are listed:
- Go to the Banking menu or Transactions menu.
- Select Add account.
- Search for the name of your financial institution.
- Search for your financial institution and select it from the list..
- Select the link for your bank's website. A new window opens for the bank's website.
- Make sure you can access your account through this site by verifying that you can see your account summary, account history, and account details without any errors.
- If you access the account successfully, sign out of the financial institution's website and continue to add the account in QuickBooks Online.
If you have tried all the options matching your bank's name and still cannot connect, or if your bank doesn’t appear as a choice, request support for your bank.
Request support for your bank
- Banking menu or Transactions menu.
- Select Add account.
- Search for the name of your financial institution. If QuickBooks is unable to find your bank, you will get the message, "Hmm, we can’t find [name of the bank you entered] in our list of supported banks," and you will be presented with helpful tips to try and locate your bank account.
- If you’re still unable to find your bank, select Request support for your bank.
- Enter your bank's web address (URL) in the field provided, then select Request.
After you submit your request to add your financial institution, you may be able to use one of the alternative methods for downloading and importing your bank transactions.
|Tip: If none of the above steps solves the issue, you may still be able to download transactions from your bank's website and upload them to QuickBooks Online. See Upload more than 90 days of bank transactions through Web Connect or Import bank transactions from Excel CSV file to QuickBooks Online.|