We have implemented an automatic data deletion service that can be accessed from your account management page.
Exporting your personal data:
You can now request a copy of your personal data that has been collected by Intuit during your use of Quickbooks, namely: your surname/first names, email address, business address, payment card, etc.
Your personal data should not be confused with your accounting data, which you can export using the steps detailed in this article.
Here is how to request a copy of your personal data:
- Confirm that you are requesting a copy of the personal data for the correct account and click Continue.
- On the following page, click Continue to send us the request for access to the copy of your personal data.
- Click End to approve the request.
- You will shortly receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming that the data is being processed.
- You will receive a second confirmation email once the request is ready.
You can make a request to obtain a copy of your personal data at any time and as many times as you wish.
Each request will be handled within 15 days, depending on the size of the request.
Requesting deletion of data
For us to be able to delete your personal data, you must first cancel any subscriptions linked to your email address. Once we have received your request, you will have one day to change your mind. Once the request has been made, deletion will take around 1 month.
Important: If you use a single username for several QuickBooks subscriptions, we will delete all of the data associated with these accounts. If you have multiple accounts with a different username for each of them, you must send us a request for each username.
Here are the steps to follow to request the deletion of your data:
- From your QuickBooks account, click on the blue circle containing the initial of your username at the top right of your screen and select Manage your Intuit account.
- You will be taken to your Intuit account. From the menu on the left, select Data Privacy.
- Select the Delete option.
- Add a reason for deletion and read the non-liability clause, then Continue.
- Confirm that the selected Intuit account is correct, then click Continue.
- Once approved, you will be automatically logged out and you will receive a notification about the deletion request.
Deletion of your data will take around thirty days from the time at which the account no longer has an active subscription.
Important: We recommend that you download the information from your account before deleting the information. This action cannot be reversed, we cannot recover it.