Learn how to install the new, free version of the QuickBooks Online app for Mac.
Do you want to download the new Mac App for QuickBooks Online? The new app has increased reliability, multi-tab support, and a beautiful, new design.
You can either get the new version from the Apple App store, or install it manually by performing the below steps.
Step 1: Make sure to quit your QuickBooks app
Before downloading the new app, you need to quit all QuickBooks apps and QuickView from running.
If you see the green QuickBooks app icon on your dock:
- Select the icon to launch QuickBooks.
- At the top left, select QuickBooks, then Quit QuickBooks.
If you see the QuickBooks icon (for QuickView) at the top right of your menu bar:
- Select the icon to open QuickView.
- At the bottom of QuickView, select the gear icon, then Quit QuickView.
Step 2: Download and install the new QuickBooks app for Mac
Now, download the new App for Mac.
- Follow this Download link to download the new QuickBooks app for Mac.
- Follow the instructions on the download page.
- After following the page instructions, you'll see the following message: An older item named “QuickBooks” already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the newer one you’re moving?
- Select Replace.
Step 3: Launch the new QuickBooks app for Mac
Once downloaded, launch the new app.
- Go to your Applications folder, then open QuickBooks.
- You should see the message, QuickBooks wants to use your confidential information stored in Intuit ID... in your keychain. This is simply macOS validating the new application.
- To avoid seeing the message again, enter your login password, then select Always allow.
If you don't want to download the new app, it's not a problem! You can always access QuickBooks Online using your browser at qbo.intuit.com.