Learn how to use the Sales Tax Liability report in QuickBooks Online to see how much sales tax you owe.
Get a detailed look at the taxes you owe and why you owe them. Run the Sales Tax Liability report to view your sales tax info anytime. This helps you make sure everything is accurate before you file your return to your tax agency.
Run the Sales Tax Liability report
The Sales Tax Liability report is a summary of your taxable and non-taxable sales, plus the total sales tax you collected from customers. Here's how to run the report.
- Go to Reports.
- In the Find report by name field, search for "Sales Tax Liability report." Then, select the report.
- Select the Report period ▼ dropdown. Choose the correct date range depending on how often you file your tax.
- Select the Tax Agency ▼ dropdown. Then, select All or choose just one tax agency.
- Select Run report.
- Look at the Tax Amount column. Here, you can view the total tax amounts you collected from your customers. The amounts would include federal, regional, and local tax rates (such as city, county, and/or province).
- To get a detailed look at what you owe, select any tax amount. A transaction report opens that shows how much tax you charged in each sale, and also shows you more info, like customers, transaction dates, and tax rate.
File your sales tax return
QuickBooks tracks your tax payment due dates in one place so you can avoid late returns and extra fees. Learn how to file your sales tax return and record your tax payment in QuickBooks Online.