QuickBooks now lets users save their GST related data (tax liability) directly on the GST portal. This feature aims at simplifying GST filing for the users. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to use this newly launched enhancement.
- Go to Reports and search for GSTR-1: Summary of outward supplies Report.
- Choose the time range for which you want the report to be displayed.
- Once you’ve made the date selection, the option to Save GSTR-1 on GST portal gets disabled.
Please note that clicking Run report before saving it is an essential step. If this is not done, you may end up saving the wrong data on the GST portal.
- Click Run report. The option to Save GSTR-1 on GST portal will get enabled once you’re done running the report.
- Click Save GSTR-1 on GST portal. Once done, a new drawer will open up while your GSTR-1 details get verified in the background.
- Once your data is validated, you will see a message that reads ‘Some tables need manual input’.
- If there are no sales during the month or a quarter, you will see a message that reads 'We couldn't find any sales for the selected period. You have to file a Nil GSTR-1 return when there are no sales during the month or quarter.'
Please note that some of the data won’t be captured by QuickBooks and you will need to enter it manually later directly into the GST portal. This includes tables 10, 11, and 13.
Validation error scenarios
- After clicking Save GSTR-1 on GST portal, you see the ‘Invalid date range. Select only the beginning and ending of a month or a quarter.’
Things to keep in mind
- This feature only saves GSTR1 data on GSTN. It does not file a GSTR1 return.
- The Save button cannot make changes to a return that has been filed.