Learn how to import your lists (suppliers, customers, inventory, and chart of accounts) to QuickBooks Online.
You can move your existing lists from another QuickBooks Online company. This saves you from having to set up the items from your lists one by one.
Need to import bank transactions too? Connect your account to QuickBooks to download transactions automatically.
Step 1: Export your list reports to Excel
- Sign in to the account that has your lists.
- Select Reports.
- Depending on what list you need to export, search for and run Account List, Customer Contact List, Supplier Contact List, or Product/Service List report.
- Customise the list report’s columns. Select each report below to check how their columns should be ordered.
Account List Report
Customer Contact List Report
- Account Account No.
- Detail Type
Supplier Contact List Report
- Company name
- Billing Street
- Billing City
- Billing County
- Billing Postal Code
- Billing Country
Products and Services List Report
- Company Name
- Postal code/Postal code/ZIP
- Qty on hand
- After saving your report, export it.
- Open the exported report in Excel.
- Delete rows 1-4 to remove your company name and report title from the sheet.
- Save your report again as Excel or CSV.
Step 2: Import your lists to QuickBooks Online
After you export and save your reports, you can import them to QuickBooks Online.
For detailed steps on importing each list, see these articles:
Note: To see how your Excel files should look, download and open these samples: