Learn how to make a recurring sales receipt in QuickBooks Online.
Do you need to collect payments from your customers every month? Don't worry. QuickBooks lets you schedule recurring sales receipts so you don't have to create one every time. Here’s how.
Create a recurring sales receipt
A recurring sales receipt automatically charges a customer at a given interval.
|Note: If you select Days in advance to create, the charge will process on the date you created the transaction. For example, if you created a sales receipt on the 5th that recurs on the 15th of each month, the charge will process on the 5th.|
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Recurring Transactions.
- Select New.
- Select the Transaction Type▼ drop-down menu, select Sales Receipt, then OK.
- Enter a Template Name. This won’t appear on the transaction.
- From the Type▼ drop-down menu, select Scheduled.
- Choose the customer’s name from the Customer▼drop-down menu. Then, verify the email.Note: You can select Automatically send emails to send notifications to your customer when you process their payment.
- Set the interval. For example, if you need a sales receipt every first day of the month, the interval is Monthly on day 1st of every 1 month.
- Enter the Start and End Date.
- Select the Payment method▼ drop-down, select Credit card type or Check.
- Credit card type: Select Enter credit card details to enter the customer's credit card information or bank account details. Then, select OK.
- Check: Select the Authorisation hyperlink to send the Bank Transfer Authorisation form to your customer. Check the box to ensure the payment will process each time a form is created.
- Enter the line for the product or service and amount.
- Select Save template. Note: If you want to personalise your template, select Customise.
Credit Card Billing authorisation form
Before you can set up a recurring credit card billing, Visa and MasterCard require a written authorisation form from your customer.
The form will be generated when you save the recurring template. Ensure that you select the customer’s default credit card or bank account in the Payment Method. If the recurring transaction is set up correctly, you’ll see a credit card icon with the list items.Ask your customer to fill out, sign, and return the form to you before the first recurring charge. For your protection, keep the signed form in a safe place for 18 months after the final charge takes place.