The bill with parent feature allows you to enter charges for the parent customer and the sub customer, then create the invoice later and have both the parent's and sub-customer's charges appear on the same invoice.
|Note: If you are using the Delayed Charges feature, and you go to Invoice and select the sub-customer name, the sub-customer billing information will be displayed. This allows you to bill the sub-customer separately if the need arises.|
Get both customer and sub-customer charges to appear on the same invoice
There are two ways to get both customer and sub-customer charges to appear on the same invoice:
Create a delayed charge:
- Select + New.
- Select Delayed Charge.
- Enter the charges you want for the customer and sub-customer.
Select charges you want added to the invoice:
- Select + New.
- Under Customers, choose Invoice.
- Select the customer name. You will then see a list of the charges for both the customer and sub-customer.
- Put a check mark on the charges you want added to the invoice.
|Note: If you only want to bill the parent customer for the sub-customer charges, but you don't want to use the Delayed Charges feature, enter the parent customer billing information into the sub-customer information screen. This will allow you to select the sub-customer name on the invoice and then have the parent billing information display.|
Need two separate addresses for a sub-customer?
You can add a shipping address in preferences if you need to have two separate addresses for the sub-customer.
First you will need to turn on the shipping feature in the Sales form content section:
- Select Settings ⚙️.
- Select Account and Settings.
- Select Sales from the left menu to navigate to the sales settings
- Select the edit (pencil) icon in the Sales form content section.
- Put a tick in the Shipping box.
- Select Save.
- Select Done.
After that you can add two separate addresses for the sub-customer:
- Go to Sales, then select Customers.
- Select the sub-customer name.
- Select Edit.
- Enter the parent billing information in the Billing Address field.
- Enter the additional address in the Shipping Address field.
- Select Save.
When you create the invoice, both addresses will be displayed.
Name displayed on the invoice
The way the name shows depends on the following:
- If the Company Name field is filled out in the sub-customer's Customer Information screen, that Company name will appear on the parent invoice above the sub-customer's charges.
- If there is no Company Name entered in the sub-customer's Customer Information screen, the Full Name will appear on the invoice above the sub-customer's charges.
- If there is no Company Name or Full Name (and just a Display Name defined), the Parent's name, a colon and the sub-customer's name will appear as a title and at the bottom of the charges.
|Note: If your sub-customers are marked, "bill with parent", then you can create a statement for the parent customer and it will show all invoices for both the parent and the sub-customer.|
Now you know how to get both customer and sub-customer charges to appear on the same invoice, and how to have two separate addresses for a sub-customer.