If you encountered this error while resaving a bill or invoice in QuickBooks, read on for more information and what to do to resolve the error.
The error is caused because of a detected discrepancy in the round off figure in the bill or invoice. QuickBooks rounds off to the nearest 1 rupee depending on which side of .50 the decimal is. For instance,
- if the invoice/bill total before round off is 1250.49, it would be rounded off downwards to 1250. A round off value of -0.49 will be applied.
- if the invoice/bill total before round off is 1431.75, it would be rounded off upwards to 1432. A round off value of 0.25 will be applied.
Note that QuickBooks permits alteration of the round off amount. So a user won't be prevented from rounding off 1250.49 to 1251 by applying 0.51 in round off. This would however, cause the captioned error when this transaction is edited and re-saved.
Here's what you can do to fix the error.
- Make the intended change to the transaction. For example, you may be making a change to the statement memo, description or adding an attachment.
- Remove the round off value from the Roundoff field.
- Select Save at the bottom of the transaction.
- QuickBooks will throw the same error again.
- Re-enter the round off value (removed in Step 2) in the Roundoff field.
- Select Save once more.
You may also refer on How to round off the final amount of the transaction