If you recorded a payment to the wrong customer, you can change it very easily. When you do this, it's important to make sure that the payment amount you originally accepted matches the amount of the payment with the correct customer so that it will not cause any affect to the existing reconciliation. Follow the steps below to change a payment to another customer.
- Go to the Sales tab.
- Select All Sales and filter type of transaction for Money received, then select Apply.
- Select the payment you wish to change.
- Select the customer’s name that you wish to change to.
- Under the Outstanding Transactions column, select all the applicable transactions that added up to the particular payment.
- Type in the accumulated amount under Amount received and make sure that it is correct, then select Save.