Learn how to fix mismatch due date and invoice date when using due on receipt terms in QuickBooks Online.
If you use the due on receipt term on your invoices, but the invoice date doesn't match the due date, you can fix it in the settings. Make sure you have the correct settings so your customers can pay their invoices on time.
- Open the invoice in question, then take note of the term used.
- Select X to close the invoice.
- Go to Settings ⚙️, then select All lists.
- Select Terms.
- Find the term used on your invoice. Under the Action column, select Edit from the dropdown.
- Make sure Due in fixed number of days is selected and the number of days is set to 0.
- Select Save.
You need to reselect the term on the invoice for the correction to apply. If still not fixed, check for a similar term with a slightly different name in the Terms list. Then edit it as necessary.