Learn how to integrate your stock levels between eCommerce systems and QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks Connector (OneSaas) typically has the ability to integrate stock levels between e-Commerce systems and QuickBooks Online. Stock control features can often be a part of your QuickBooks Online.
Learn how QuickBooks Connector works
- QuickBooks Connector pulls product data from both e-Commerce and QuickBooks Online. This includes the SKU/Product Code and product name.
- QuickBooks Connector will then match products between the two systems based on SKU/Product Code.
- If the stock level option is selected, QuickBooks Connector will check your QuickBooks Online for stock levels and then carry this across to the eCommerce system.
- Going forward, your QuickBooks Online will alert QuickBooks Connector if there have been any stock level updates.
When a sale is made in the eCommerce system, stock levels are processed in the following method:
- QuickBooks Connector pulls sales invoices from the eCommerce system and pushes this to your QuickBooks Online.
- Your QuickBooks Online takes the sale along with the product data and recalculates the stock levels internally.
- QuickBooks Connector detects the change in stock levels and passes these updates back to the eCommerce system.
Learn about QuickBooks Connector’s limitations
- QuickBooks Connector can’t pull stock levels from one eCommerce system and push this to another eCommerce system. The reason for this restriction is because there is no stock level control if a sale is made.
- QuickBooks Connector can’t pull stock levels, cost price, and tax details from eCommerce systems and push this to QuickBooks Online products.
- QuickBooks Connector will only create products as inventoried in QuickBooks if the items from the eCommerce system are set to track or manage inventory. If the items aren’t set up to track inventory from eCommerce, regardless of the setting, we will only create the products in QuickBooks as non-inventoried.
- If there were any manual changes done to stock levels within eCommerce systems, these will only be overwritten when QuickBooks Connector receives new updates from QuickBooks Online.
The reason for this is because we don’t get any notifications from the eCommerce system when stock is manually updated. We will only trigger stock sync on that product if an update is detected in QuickBooks Online.