Learn how to print a cheque from your print queue.
After creating a cheque to pay for expenses, you can print the cheque directly in QuickBooks Online. You can set up your print settings for either standard or voucher cheques. Here's how to print cheques that you’ve already recorded in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Set up QuickBooks to print cheques
Before you begin to print your cheques, you should enable the correct paper size to print your cheques:
- We recommend that you create a custom paper size equivalent to a cheque (3.6 inches wide x 7.9 inches long) and save it as a print size option.
- Enable Landscape mode for printing your cheques.
- Contact your printer support site if you have questions about setting up paper in the designated (cheque) dimensions on your printer.
QuickBooks currently supports cheque leaves from the following financial institutions:
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Canara Bank
- State Bank of India
- IndusInd Bank
- Yes Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Axis Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- IDBI Bank
- City Union Bank
- Saraswat Cooperative Bank
- J&K Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Dena Bank
- Syndicate Bank
Step 2: Add cheques to the print queue
When you record a new cheque, selecting the Print later checkbox or the Print cheque option adds it to the print queue. Then you can print all your cheques at once.
Step 3: Print cheques from the print queue
Now that your cheques are in the queue, you can print them.
Note: If you need to change the type of cheque you’re printing (standard or voucher), open the print setup and change your cheque type.
- Select + New.
- Select Print cheques.
- Load your cheques into the printer. Tip: you can do a test print on plain paper first to cheque the alignment so you don’t waste cheques.
- Select the current account that you created the cheque from the drop-down ▼.
- In the Starting cheque no. field, enter the cheque number of the first cheque in the printer.
- Select the checkbox next to each cheque you want to print.
- Select Preview and print.
- If everything is correct, select Print.
- If your cheques print correctly, select Done.
If your cheques don’t print correctly, select the some cheques need reprinting option or the option to keep cheques in the Print cheques list. You may need to open the print setup and adjust your alignment settings.