You can track Profit and Loss by Customer without using Class or Location Tracking function. This feature is only available on QuickBooks Online Plus version.
First, you will need to turn on Track expenses and items by customer under Account and Settings:
- Select the Gear icon, then Account and settings and follow by Expenses tab.
- Tick to turn on Track expenses and items by customer.
- Select Save and Done.
When you record the transactions (Invoices and Expenses) make sure you have selected the customer’s name in the transaction. For Expense transaction, the Customer column is under Account details. For Invoice, you can select the customer’s name from the drop-down arrow at the top.
Once you have done the transaction recording as above, you are able to run the report as following steps:
- Go to Business overview and select Reports (Take me there).
- In the search box, type in Profit and Loss by Customer.
- If you wish to select a specific customer, select Customise, then select Filter.
- In the Filter column, select the drop-down arrow and choose the customer you wish to track.
- Select Run report.